Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opel motor

Posted by cavell (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 13:27

My Saturn vue has 3.0 v6. Many folks refer to it as Saab motor. Since they use it too. Used in caddy catera which is a rebadged Opel. So perhaps it is really an Opel motor which is used in stabs, saturns, catera's and even some opels?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opel motor

Apparently a Honda engine :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_Vue

o

Saab was owned by GM. GM own Vauxhall, Opel, Chevrolet. There were a number of collaborations between Opel and Alfa Romeo that may have filtered back. I hope not though for your sake. My Opel Vectra has given a lot of trouble, every part that was the source of that trouble had "Made in Italy" stamped on it.

Liken it to a picnic where the Germans (Opel) and the Italians (Alfa Romeo) work together. Ideally you want the fine cuisine of the Italians, but the Germans must make the picnic hamper so the handles don't fall off. Well in the case of the Vectra, which was sold as the Saturn Aura in your climate, the Germans did the food so all you got in that department was pickled cabbage, and the Italians made the hamper so all the handles dropped off. It all ends up in a very sorry state indeed.

o

the 3.0 is a opel motor. the 3.5 is a honda motor. the local saturn dealer closed and a VW dealer moved in. kept most of the techs and they know how to work on most foreign ohc motors and they have experience on this motor. they said they can do the timing belt service which is now due.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here