Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1994 Toyota Tercel air bag light

Posted by kathy813 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 20, 08 at 12:46

I bought this car thru a private sale and they don't know why the red air bag light won't go off. I don't have the owner's manual. Anyone else have this problem? I think that this means my airbag is no good. Any help is appreciated. I cannot afford to take it to a garage.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1994 Toyota Tercel air bag light

The lamp staying on is indicating there is a problem with the airbag system. This system is diagnosed with the use of a scan tool, and ideally the factory scan tool which is the Vetronix Mastertech with the Toyota software. Some aftermarket scan tools will access the system, but there can be holes in the tools software support for that system that could make it more difficult for the technician.

o

Thanks so much for the answer. That is what I thought but needed someone else to say it.

o

I have a 1994 Buick Reagal that has the air bag light on.I bought it that way 3 years ago.I never noticed the piece of black tape covering it up.Until the black tape started to curl.The fix was a new piece of black tape.

o

My dad over in the UK has a 2002 Vauxhall Astra. Last year the airbag warning light came on so he took it back to the dealer. Turns out there is a sensor under the seat to tell the car which seat(s) are occupied so airbags do not deploy if there is nobody sat there to benefit from them. There was a loose connection under the front passenger seat so the cpu was getting no feed from that location, hence illumination of the warning light. The dealer cleaned the spade connector concerned which fixed the problem and did not even raise a charge for doing this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here