Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1954 Studebaker Conestoga

Posted by nickwilson (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 29, 07 at 11:24

Just wanted to add a link to my webshots page.
http://community.webshots.com/album/178154103cENfyB
It contains pictures of my Classic cars.
I have the privledge of owning a 1954 Studebaker Conestoga and a 1973 Pontiac Grand Am.
Hope you will take a moment to look.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1954 Studebaker Conestoga

Studebaker Conestoga:

Wasn't that a horse drawn wagon that was favored by pioneers crossing the great North American west because the wagon box was designed to float, thus the owner could float his wagon across a stream by rope and horses stationed on the opposite shore?

o

Studebaker did indeed make covered wagons in the 19th century. And they had a reputation as an excellent manufacturer.
But they did not make the Conestoga wagon. That was made in the Conestoga Valley in Pennsylvania near Lancaster. Hence the name.

o

Oh, I'm drooling. My first car (bought in '68 for $86) was a 1960 Studebaker Lark. White, red interior. That little car was a tank--I have such fond memories of flying down the back roads to get to college in it.

LOVE Studebakers.

o

Good job! Thanks for keeping a couple pieces of the past alive.

o

The "Silver Lady" what an appropriate name. Quite a beautiful ride.
The Grand Am is pretty cool also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here