Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deck & Siding cleaner in the windshield washer reservoir

Posted by marklevinson1 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 18, 06 at 9:49

Hi,

So last night I come home from work and my wife tells me she accidentally put Deck & Siding cleaner in the windshield washer reservoir. Apparently the deck cleaner is also blue. I have a 2000 Honda Odyssey. Does anyone know if it has a drain on the bottom for the windshield washer reservoir? Do I need to find a way to pump it out or do I just leave it in there as it also makes a great window cleaner (as well as a great paint remover).

Thanks,

Mark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deck & Siding cleaner in the windshield washer reservoir

Sight unseen you will have to spend much time under the hood removing many components attached with awkwardly placed bolts and fasteners of one sort or another so you can lift the reservoir out and dump it and clean it out.

After all that one presumes your wife will be- uh-- will be -uh ---well she'll be extra wifely.

o

Maybe you could use her turkey baster to suck it out?Or better yet use a hand siphon.Like used to fill a Kerosen heater and pump it out.Then fill with water and do it again a few times?

o

Unattach one of the pressure lines and feed it back to your well labeled siding cleaner bottle.
But even this will not be easy...you may have to cut the line and splice in a nipple....

o

Depending what's in it, you may not want it running through the lines at all. I agree with using a siphon or bulb type hand pump to suck it out, then flush out with water a few times. Refill with washer fluid.

o

Just suck out all you can with a baster or whatever then an overflowing flush with a garden hose for a minute or three.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here