Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
air recirc button?

Posted by sailor86 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 19, 09 at 7:10

What is the purpose of this button? Is it simply to recirculate the air in my 2002 Mitsubishi Galant? [URL=http://s472.photobucket.com/albums/rr85/sailor86_bucket/?action=view¤t=carventbutton002.jpg][IMG]http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr85/sailor86_bucket/th_carventbutton002.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Follow-Up Postings:

o
forgot the photo. here it is...

[IMG]http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr85/sailor86_bucket/carventbutton002.jpg[/IMG]

Look familiar?

o
RE: air recirc button?

You answered your own question.

o
re: owners manual

What you should do is put up a picture of the book that is in the glove compartment and ask what this thing is for?Then someone can tell you what that thing is.Then you could look these things up that you ask and show pictures of.

o

normal vent operation sucks in outside air. this air needs to be heated in the winter or cooled in the summer. recirc mode adjusts the vents to use less or no outside air and reuses the conditioned inside air. it lets the a/c cool the air a bit better. my 83 colt had it and my 07 sonata also has it. i don't use it now since the ventilation system seems to heat/cool the air with no problem. you can use recirc on very hot days but it makes the inside of the car somewhat stuffy since you are not getting fresh air.

o

Alright, wise guy. There was no owner's manual since I bought it used. I would advise a dose of respectfulness before rushing into sarcasm.

o

Sorry! After all your mystery parts pictures I just thought you were kidding around?You know playing riddle games.I seriously thought you were just funning around.But I guess you were serious.LOL after all this time I thought you were being a wise guy?

I call the ricirc button the stink button.If there is a stink outside like a dead skunk in the road.I push the button to keep outside air from stinking up the car inside.Or if I eat at Taco Bell and later I start to stink up the inside.I switch to outside air to get rid of the inside stink.

o

One use of the recirculate feature is to speed up heating or cooling of the interior after which, one changes to a normal ventilation mode.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here