Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mother is at peace

Posted by Fairegold (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 28, 05 at 20:35

Mother passed away very peacefully this afternoon. She had no more pain after we started the IV morphine yesterday, and she simply drifted off. We never had to move out of the hospital, and the staff were all wonderful. We were fortunate to have a great doctor who understands end-of-life issues, and that and the care from the staff, made all the difference.

I have my peace by knowing that she's at rest and with Dad, because she missed him so terribly.

Thanks to everyone here, too, for all your prayers and warmth. You all have been my anchor during the past couple of years. Thank you.

Helene

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mother is at peace

Oh Helene, my deepest condolences. I know how hard this has been for you, and what a wonderful daughter you've been. No parent could ask for more.

She is at peace, you're right, and no doubt hand-in-hand with your father right now. Blessings to you and your family.

o

I'm so sorry. You and your family are in our thoughts, even those brothers. Take care.

Barb

o

Helene, there is a line of scripture that says something about "peace that passeth all understanding." That is what she has now, and she shares it with her beloved. It was time that they be together once again.
PB

o

Our thoughts & prayers are with you. You took such wonderful care of your mother. May you have the strength to attend to all the myriad of details facing you.

Sue

o

Dearest Helene, my deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family. You are a wonderful and caring person and your mother was lucky to have a daughter like you. i know all of here would like to be with you at this terrible time but you are in our prayers. please let us know what day and time her services will be so that we may all join in prayer for this wonderful woman. again please accept my deepest sympathy. hugs to you. debbie

o

so sorry for your loss, please accept my condolences! sending up a prayer for you and your family! DianePA

o

Helene - I am sending you my deep condolences and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. It is good to know that your mother passed peacefully. I hope you will find comfort in the knowledge of what a loving daughter you were, and in thinking of your parents being united again.

Sable

o

Please accept my Sincere Sympathy. Your mom was fortunate to have such a caring daughter. I hope you find comfort knowing that you have friends that are thinking of you during this difficult time.

o

Helene,
My sincerest condolences in the loss of your mother. Please know we are thinking of you. Come back when you can, share what you need...we have big shoulders. Hugs.
Emma in PA

o

Helene,
My thoughts and prayers are with you. May peace and comfort be with you at this difficult time.
Susan

o

Helene,
My sincere condolences. I hope that you continue to take comfort in knowing that your parents are now and forever together and at peace..
Mimi.

o

Helene, please accept my deepest condolences. You had said that your mother was ready to go, and I know that having you at her side made that transition easier for her.

Scotland

o

My condolences to you.I know you will miss your Mom but you have comfort in knowing that she is where she wants to be.God Bless you.

o

My deepest sympathies on the loss of your dear Mom.
Sending Special thoughts & prayers of comfort for you and your family.
Blessings, katclaws

o

Helene,

Many Blessings to you for being so caring for your Mother...hope you can rest & be at peace, also.

Sincerely, Sharlee

o

Some times it is not easy being the good daughter or son you parent needs. It sounds like you did a wonderful job. I am glad she was comfortable, and that you got to be with her. Bless her heart! Thinking of you....Derry

o

Helene, it is with great sorrow for you that I welcome you to the club of 'Motherless Daughters. No matter the age, our mothers are so much of our identity.

Cry on my shoulder anytime you want.

o

JessyF, you are so right. Someone told me after my mom died that when you bury your mother, you bury your childhood. Sadly, I found that to be very true.

o

Helene..May you find comfort in knowing and reading all these wonderful friends posts. We have all been there one way or the other, and know how your heart aches. May you find comfort in knowing others share your loss. She is at peace, with God. Mourn her loss, but share her memories. HUGS Gabby

o

Dear Helen, I send you thoughts and prayers. You are a wonderful daughter and it is so painful to see them leave us but knowing they are at peace and with the Lord does bring comfort....the grief comes...May God be with you. Nora

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here