SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ginnier_gw

Christmas blues

ginnier
18 years ago

My mother is very blue these days. She cannot go out and shop and the catalogs are expensive. She is feeling like she cannot do Christmas. In the past she and dad really overdid on the gift giving, the bigger the pile around the tree, the better. Anybody have any wonderful ideas on how I can console her??? At this point, I have her convinced to give everyone a few new and crisp $20 bills. But that was this afternoon. The next time I'm there she'll fret and cry like a spoiled child that she cannot have her way. I think in reality, she's thinking what are we going to do all afternoon if we don't open presents???? Sad, huh? We will just yak and eat the afternoon away, but she'll feel like she's let everyone down since SHE won't have gifts for US but we will have a few things for her. DH and I have started the tradition with our boys that we spend the morning at the mission preparing meals for noon deliveries. So we don't arrive at my mom's til after 11 a.m. We are usually tired and stink of turkey and dressing and we also aren't the least bit hungry. So I guess I better set in motion a plan to eat late or light, whichever works... What do you guys do all day with these older folks that watch and want to be involved, but they only have stamina for a little celebration????

Comments (4)

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA