SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goldenpond_gw

Help,caregiving two relatives,both confuse morning and night

goldenpond
13 years ago

My dad 83 calls me at 3 AM or 1 AM and doesnt realize it is night.His eyesight is very bad and some of the other apartment dwellers in his Senior housing find him sitting on the porch at 3 AM.I am also caring for my husbands elderly aunt who is a meanie! She too confuses morning and night and calls us at all hours.She gets mad and says we are know-it-alls if we tell her it is still night and hangs up! They also will be SO nervous about going somewhere the next day that they cannot sleep and will think its morning and be setting up all night waiting for us. I quit telling my father when he has a DR appt. I just show up in the morning and get him ready and off we go. Otherwise he wont sleep and we get there and hell be grouchy and wont tell the Dr whats wrong.I had to stop bringing him to church because he would get ready at 11 PM then sit on his porch all night waiting for us to arrive,call me at 3 AM asking where I am.The kicker is after I rush around getting myself ready, rush to get him showered and dressed and to church he grabs coffee and a donut and sleeps through the entire service! Finally had to quit bringing him. God forgive me but he is not getting anything out of it.

But the question is has anybody got an invention that will help them know what is morning and what is night? I bought an LCD clock but the AM and PM letters are so choppy and hard to read. Surely someone has an invention out there I do not know about.

tanya

Comments (6)

Sponsored