SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxyplx

My Turn for Help

mxyplx
9 years ago

Well this is a bit of a ramble but I'm not up for a rewrite-

My SW has a girl friend in the mirror. A young girl too it would seem. Has many a jolly good time talking to her. Few days ago she waved good bye as we left the room. Not uncommon behavior and I've no problem with that.

Couple days ago she wanted her to ride along in the P/U which I sidestepped by saying there wasn't room for three.

Bathroom mirror is about 3 X 5 feet. The bedroom mirrors almost cover one wall, are the 4 doors of the closets, each one is about 3.5 X 6.5 feet high. No remarks :-) Removing them would be a major problem. I hate to deny her the companionship of her friend.

Well tonite as I was fixing dinner she was flitting around obviously worried about sumpthin. Hard to tell exactly but she was terribly concerned about having that girl to eat with us. Maybe even stay with us. The poor girl needed help, food maybe lodging and SW had invited her to be with us and was very concerned about informing me about all this. Appollagetic etc. Very worried about the logistics etc.

I got her diverted to the TV which fortunatly had Lions and such on PBS. Tried that 3 or 4 times and finally succeeded. Well the TV was the only thing available to divert her too at the moment. Just happened to be on. We seldom use it. About all I could do was hold her close and try to make some excuse about the girl. I did say I thot she'd be OK or have something to eat. SW wasn't really convinved.

Well what should I do next time? I can usually think these things out but am stumpt on this one. What to say? How to divert? Divert to what? That might depend on the time of day. How can I asure her the girl will be OK etc.

Comments (9)

Sponsored