Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ordered a Wheelchair Today

Posted by jannie (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 3, 08 at 18:17

DH took a big step today in his surrender to MS. He ordered a wheelchair on-line. It will be arriving in about a week. He's really looking forward to getting it. He has so much difficulty walking. He literally crawls up the stairs and into our bedroom. His neurologist suggested it the last time he was there. It comes apart, so we can put it in the car. It weighs 250 lbs. I hope I will be able to help him with it. I'm the caregiver.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ordered a Wheelchair Today

He must have gotten a power chair? They weight 250 pounds.

o

I was wondering about that 250lbs too. The ads will mention a weight, but it's usually concerning the amount of weight that it will hold, not the weight of the item. I can't see that a chair that could be taken apart to go in the car weighing 250lbs.

Fot example, I just ordered a quad cane. It lists different weights, one of which is 250lbs.

o

Curious where did he order it from? Many times insurance or the MS association will help pay for this and help you buy it locally so he can get fitted properly. Also, how will this help getting up/down stairs. Also it should fold for getting into cars, not come apart. That takes too long especially if you are in a drop off area. Talk to your local medical supply store/dept etc. I do wish you the best.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here