SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scotland1

And Daddy takes another turn for the worse...

scotland1
18 years ago

I just got a call from my brother. HeÂs at the assisted living place with my father. Seems that Daddy drank a quarter of a bottle of Dawn, which is rapidly exiting his body out of both ends. Daddy is insistent that his doctor told him to do this, and that heÂs been doing it for four years. He was also apparently unaware that he had activity on both ends, and was walking around dripping. Ewwww. His caretakers want to have a meeting with us about moving him to the AlzheimerÂs/dementia ward. TheyÂve already removed anything Daddy shouldnÂt drink from his room, including shampoo. I was hoping to not deal with this for a while longer, because DaddyÂs sure to go downhill quickly in the dementia ward. Although he has seemed to be getting a bit worse in the past few weeks, this is the first time heÂs done anything to endanger himself or been incontinent.

What is it about my father and Christmas? He spent last Christmas in the ICU after being picked up by paramedics the evening of the 23rd. Something had ruptured in his colon.

Bah humbug.

Comments (13)

Sponsored