SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandiefl

Need Advice

sandiefl
18 years ago

I have been taking care of my Dad for the last 16 years.For the past three years he and my unmarried brother have lived with DH and I.Dad has diabetes,triple bypass and started dialysis in August.He had five toes amputated before finally having his left leg removed from below the knee.In the past two months he has suffered a mild stroke ad had the amputation.He is in a nursing home right now for rehab.He was there after the stroke and hated it and begged us to bring him home.Now he is in becasue of the amputation.He is 83 years old.He is terrible to the nurses,won't eat the food and just wants to come home.Also he can barely see since the stroke.He has seen his eye doctor and been told that it is because of the stroke and his vision might return or it might not.He wants a second opinion.My nephews brought him to my daughters home on CHristmas day but he was told that he had to go back.My nephews are two pretty big guys and they had all that they could do to get him into the car,out of the car into the wheelchair and into the house.Dad thinks he proved that he could come home.My DH,brother and I are not in the best health and there is no way that we can lift him.He is 200 pounds of dead weight right now. I know that he can't come home right now but everyday we have to go through the same thing with him.We don't want him home,he will starve himself do death if we don't let him come home.Have any of you had to deal with something like this,and how did you cope?

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County