Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gabby!!!

Posted by nora8 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 21, 05 at 14:55

Gabby, Just got on and saw your good news. Praise the Lord....it is good and you can have a Christmas full of joy. I am at my daughters....taking care of grandbabies and I love them dearly but....can tell I am getting older and so thankful for the movie breaks that we take.LOL....know that I am really close to where you live....they live between Lawerencebury and Frankfort. Will be leaving tomorrow to get home and get things ready for us to have our Christmas.....we will all get to be together next week and have our Christmas on Tues. Take care and have a blessed Christmas. Nora

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gabby!!!

Yes, you are in the vincinity close. I think Frankfort may be somewhere around an hour or more from here. Louisville is about 35 or 40 minutes from here. So glad to hear from you. I know you enjoy the babies, like me but it doesn't take to much to wear you out huh? Same here. Mine are all older, 7 and 14, but then they can do a number with teasing and arguing. I have good grankids tho and love them bunches.

I think I am about ready for the holidays. I have a few more gifts to wrap, and some loose ends to take care of and then finish up baking. I have made three fruit cakes so far,and shipped one to my neice in Texas. My son is coming in tomorrow from Florida. The other son is not coming as his finace is coming in from Washington,D.C. She is stationed there, now for 15 months at Walter Reed hospital. They built a house to-gether in Florida and wasn't in it long when she had to leave. She has been in for 20 years and was expected to retire in 6 months, now this! She is a R.N. and worked at a hospital in Florida, along with being a captain in the Army. She hopes to move up to Major before retiring. She doesn't like Washington with the cold, and sure would like to return to Florida.

How is your family? I think of your Father often and wonder how is ? Losing his wife, after so many years takes a toll, but with the love and care you all give him, sure has to help. I wish you and your family all the best through the holidays. Enjoy Enjoy!!!! My birds just love the "bluebird" pudding. I am still putting it out. Told husband wish he would put the feeder off the bottom deck, so it would be easier for me to fill and not have to walk out in the yard.

He is just to busy I guess with work. May be a chance he can come home by spring. They have a big job coming at a LGE plant here which went "union". It is just at the bottom of the hill from us. He could retire there on that. We want to get off the road and out of the R.V. Still up in Indy tho as of now. Well Nora, thanks for writing and thinking of me. I think of you often too. Again Merry Chritsmas and Happy New Year!!!!! Love Gabby

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here