SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sabro_gw

cleanliness

SaBro
14 years ago

I have been reading this forum recently because my 88 year old mother with is living with me. My problem is that she will not keep herself clean nor let me give her a bath. She swears that she washes herself yet never wets a washcloth. On top of that, she hides her soiled laundry by folding it up and putting it in her clean clothes. When you find it, there's twice the laundry!

She has been diagnosed with Alzheimers and has good days and bad. As long as a routine is maintained, she does really well but when someone new comes into the house, she cannot make a connection as to who it is (her grandson) and worries it over for hours.

She does have a little dog that is the center of her life so that keeps her occupied most of the time and she seems to be content to sit and rock with it. Her physical health is deteriorating because she doesn't want to move around much. So far she can be left alone for 30 minutes or so while we check cattle and do chores. We keep a bird feeder by the window for her and our dogs are entertainment. I guess what I am saying is we are in a holding pattern right now that I can live with if the bathing issue could be solved. Any suggestions?

I have enjoyed reading all your messages and have wept with empathy for each of you because it rings so familiarly.

Sarah

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!