SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heydeborah

OT Be Careful out there!

heydeborah
18 years ago

Hi everyone, as you know we have alot of drama at our house! - lol. one thing that happened to me 3 weeks ago that i forgot to mention was i dropped off Al's prescription at the grocery store and told them i'd be back in 1/2 hour (this was for Al's pain killers, 120 of them to be exact). well i went downtown to a little store that sells newspapers, as i was coming out of the store a guy with a hooded sweat shirt, sun glasses on was going in, i thought nothing about if, until, yes he grabbed my purse and ran towards the marina!!!! i was not hurt, happy to say, no credit cards in my purse, he did get about $250.00!!! this was for the prescription, groceries, and since ds was going to Toronto the next day some of the money was an early Christmas gift!. the police came within 5 minutes, and informed me that i probably wouldn't get my purse back, very bright they are! so we have a block on our checking account - this person tried to cash over 4,000.00 in cheques, tried to rent videos from Blockbuster, but since it's by our house and they know us, they wouldn't let him rent! - see it does pay to be nice. i also mentioned to the policeofficer about the prescription i didn't wait for and he said good thing they would have had a hey day, at 10.00 a pill! they know where we live because of the address on the cheques, and my drivers license, i don't think they'd try to use my library card!-lol. i'm also afraid to go out after dark and here it's about 4:45, and i do not carry a purse anymore, i think i will again when i feel more comfortable.

also again, because i ramble, i went to get the same prescription filled again this morning, because it's a narcotic it can only be filled every 21 days so i was pretty nervous, and i also saw woman walking by the meat counter leaving there purses in the cart and looking at meat, easy for them to get stolen! anyways, because of the Holiday season, watch your purse!!! i never thought it would happen to me (famous words -lol), i'm tall, 5ft 8, not overweight, just tall, so i thought i would share this with you, just please be careful!!!!! debbie

Comments (4)

Sponsored