SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cearbhaill

This was supposed to be a rant....

I had the most terrible day yesterday with my MIL- everything I did was wrong, everything I cooked was bad, every item I touched I put back in the wrong place, the hot water wasn't hot enough, our house is too cold, the rain was too heavy, the whites weren't white enough, there was dust under the bed....

I literally ran around the house all day doing everything wrong.

I intended a thousand times to sit down here and write a rant to deal with it all but I simply never had time to do it. Then she fell asleep and so did I.

Presto change-o magic happened- we woke up this morning and everything is all better.

So far :) :) :)

At any rate my point is that just knowing I have somewhere to spill out all my aggravation makes it easier to deal with everything. I stomp around thinking how I will phrase my rant and I feel better.

She's not a bad person- she is just old and in pain and mad at the world for leaving her sitting here this long. She has little quality of life IMO and is herself just waiting to die, I think. Lord knows everyone else is.

There.

I said it.

Actually my feelings about her are 100% polarized- I vacillate between extreme pity and total aggravation and frustration.

It's an old story everyone here can relate to I guess.

[/non rant]

So- she's had a wash and a lovely breakfast, I'm fixing to go have mine, and today shall be a better day!

Thanks y'all!!

Comments (11)

Sponsored