SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

Sign of Dementia?

jannie
11 years ago

My hubby has a triple whammy- Multiple Sclerosis, "Alzhymer's-Like" dementia and seizures. All three checked out with a great Neurologist, controlled with meds as much as possible. He's currently mostly bedridden. He watches TV probably 18 hours a day. He sees those infomercials and goes crazy "I must get those pots and pans.. knife sharpener...coin set..." Most times he forgets but tries to call their phone numbers and occasionally gets through. The operator usually realizes he's not "all there" because he doesn't know his credit card number or just seems strange. Hubby will call out to me "Take down this number. I want that knife set. (or whatever...) I placate him, say I'll call and order the knives later, then he forgets about it. If he asks, I tell him "They are out of stock right now. Sorry". But it's heartbreaking and annoying for me to "intercept" him. Does anyone else deal with this? I sometims find him at 2 am, TV on, reaching for the phone. Again I lie "It's the middle of the night. No one is there to answer you. Hang up the phone."The next morning he has no memory of it.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living