Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
caring for someone in a persistent vegetative state

Posted by imamommy (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 10, 07 at 1:22

My step mom suffered two brain aneurysms about ten years ago and has been in a persistent vegetative state since. She has been home, being cared for by family for the last nine and half years. I am currently one of her caregivers and I was talking to the home health nurse that stops by every month (to change her catheter) and he said that she is his only patient like that.

Has or is anyone going through this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: caring for someone in a persistent vegetative state

Not too many have the family and support that can handle such a situation. It's great that you are able to.

Please take care of yourself too!

o
RE: caring for someone in a persistent vegetative state

There are more than thirty thousands only in USA.I am also father of such patient. He is my son now 29 years old. It is 7th year and he is slowly(very slowly) recovering.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here