SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dianepa_gw

anyone hear from...

DianePA
18 years ago

Nora, wondering how she is doing and her DF!!!

Breezy...wondering how you are doing.

Derry see you posted on Deb's post, how are you doing?

DianePA

Comments (9)

• nora8
    18 years ago

Hello Diane and everyone.....thanks Diane for thinking about us. We are doing o.k.....many ups and downs for my dear sweet Dad....he is just taking it one day at a time and trying to keep busy....he misses Mom so very much....his comfort is that she is at peace and no more pain...I have tried to be with him and keep busy myself...started working just 8 hours a week back at the florist...I am delivering...and it has been good for me to get out and see people...it is such a blessing to deliver flowers and see the joy on faces....my puter has been messed up...finally working....and I have just been trying to keep myself busy with all kinds of things. It helps to be busy.....times I just still go down and want to see my sweet Mom sitting in her chair...rocking. The sorrow never goes away...guess it just gets a little easier as time goes on. We are getting together for the first time as a family at my sisters....will be sad....Mom always loved holidays....we all have our memories to cherish....I am making Mom's famous lemon icebox pies...she always made them for her sons-in-laws. Hope each of you are doing well...I will try to keep up...know that you all are so very dear to me and I send my love and blessings to each of you. Nora

• abreeze
    18 years ago

Hi Diane... Good to hear from you. Glad to see Nora's back online, too! I've been busy with family and house. :) Also was in the Biloxi area for a week doing volunteer work. It was quite an experience. Thought of Nora when we drove through Kentucky. I think she has a daughter there. How is everything with you and your precious family Diane? Your daughter, granddaughter, husband and you???

I pray everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving. ~breezy

• Related Discussions

Anyone hear from (of) LAR (Hornworm)???

Q

Comments (2)
    Hi Bruce, I think that I heard from Larry once shortly after his March 2005 posting, but nothing since then. Not many of the "old group" are still around here. I check here once in a while, but the discussion side has become rather HFGH oriented...no meat like we use to have about dealing with ghse situations. Mary
    ...See More

Anyone hear from Violet 76?

Q

Comments (3)
    Thanks guys, It is 76Violet I think. I saw a post on another forum and left a message so maybe we will here from here
    ...See More

Anyone hear from Kimmie?

Q

Comments (2)
    I hear from her frequently. I wish things were good with her but I am afraid they are not. I am sorry I can't go into details but please keep her in your prayers. Charlene
    ...See More

Anyone hear from Imabest?

Q

Comments (10)
    Awwww thank you all for thinking of me...I am fine just having the same ole back problems and cant sit to long in one place. It is turkey season here so we have had lots of weekend hunters and I have to see that they have food to eat. And also have been trying to clean and put some flowers outside. I planted anothe red bud tree my daughter and Mom gave me one 2 years ago and it is just beautiful ..Love the color it gives to our woods here. I am here reading everyday and just dont have much to input my life is so dull now that I am not a caregiver anymore LOL Thanks Patti for emailing me I will get and email off to you also...Glad you have your wheels back!!!!!!! love and hugs to all of you
    ...See More
  • DianePA
    Original Author
    18 years ago

good to hear from you both!
    ((nora and DF)) no its not easy, and the firsts are really hard, does get easier as time goes on! Hope you have a good time with your family and travel safely!!!
    (((Breezy))
    thanks for asking about us, it always seems like one or another is sick around here. the oldest DGD had walking pneumonia, DGS had souble ear infection, finished antibotic for that and now he has pneumonia in both lungs, still coughing but not running a fever now, so doing better. DH is still holding his own, although his lower back and hi/leg where he has the rod is giving him a lot of pain lately, so don't know if the cancer is rearing its ugly head more or not. He will have to mention it to the cancer dr when he's there on the 5th. he hates the thoughts of going back on any meds for the cancer, but we take it one day at a time!! our DD is in LPN classes, she's doing good in it, but having medical problems, still having gall bladder attacks, and now heart problems, they don't know if the GB is causing the heart to act up, or if its her heart itself. she had to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours, results were that she's having PVCs its not life threathening but can't live like that, the cardialigist said she is having to many at a time and she's feeling them with all the symptoms and thats not good. she goes the 5th of Dec for a stress test, if it comes back bad, she'll probably have to go to Erie for more testing. goes back to dr the 8th for those test results and has to have an echocardigram the 21st. so its always something around here. but i had my mammogram and physical and they come back OK, so thats good news, 3 1/2 yrs cancerfree!
    getting snow here and calling for more tomorrow. DSIL just got in off the roads, he's a truckdriver.
    hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving, we have much to be thankful for.DianePA

• nora8
    18 years ago

Diane and Breezy, Good to hear from you all. Breezy sounds like you have been busy....I hope to maybe volunteer to go down and help with building Habitat homes. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. DD and family are doing good...still go to counsiling....they have a wonderful church home and alot of support...and this I am so thankful for. Diane....so wonderful to hear the good news...31/2 years...praise the lord...will be thinking and praying for your DH and DD and grandbabies....keep us informed on what is going on. We most certainly do have so very much to be thankful for....Blessings, Nora

• derryw
    18 years ago

Hey guys....thanx for the inquiry. Sounds like you folks are keeping busy. I know this holiday will be hard for you all, Nora. Things will never be like they were.
    You really have a lot going on, Diane. Busy as always!
    things are status quo here...not much new going on.
    Hope your Thanksgiving was a noce as possible. Derry

• nora8
    18 years ago

Hey Derry, You have been in my thoughts and prayers...how about those violets....we have Dad's greenhouse full and also have 3 grow lights in the basement..LOL...keeps him busy with watering....I am going to get me some violets and put them under the grow lights. Have a pot of silk ones but just not the same.LOL Take care, Nora

• derryw
    18 years ago

Hey Nora...they are fine. Two of yours are still good. Should be coming into bloom soon now that the leaves outside are falling.. I have 2 shade trees that block their light in the summer, and they do love the light. My mother had some under a light once...she had way more here than I have now.
    Glad your Daddy is keeping occupied. I am sure it is hard. You really have to find your life again...or the meaning, anyway.
    Take care...Derry

• abreeze
    18 years ago

It sure is good to get an update on you dear ones! :)

Diane, may God minister healing to your precious grandchildren, daughter, and hubby. So happy to hear you're 3 1/2 years cancer free. I pray you stay that way!

Nora, I know Thanksgiving was difficult for you and your precious dad... I've kept you both in my prayers. It's good to hear you're helping at the florists again. You love flowers and people! :) I imagine you get to enjoy your grandbabies more often now that your daughter lives in Kentucky. I'm thankful she and her hubby are doing well. How are your other daughters?

Derry, I think of you often. Is your niece still living with you? I hope you've been able to do some fun things... I know the holidays are painful without our loved ones. I'm thankful for the comfort of God's presence. I couldn't make it otherwise. ~breezy

• nora8
    18 years ago

Dear Breezy, Bless you for your prayers....God is faithful and He has heard them....we draw our comfort from Him and my sweet Dad goes to him for strength during those lonely and painful times....I also know that my comfort is in Him. Yes I have enjoyed being close to my grandbabies....just went over for a few days and we had a wonderful time...took my Dad with me once and we are planning a visit after the first of the year....my Mel is still busy with her classes and teaching assistant at the college....she has met a young man and they have been dating....he also is a English assistant. My youngest Amy was home for Thanksgiving and so enjoyed her visit....she broke up with her guy about a month ago...it was so hard but we talked this week-end and she told me that she is happy and doing good. The biggest blessing is that she is back in church and seeking God's wisdom for her life...Praise the Lord....I have always stood firm and claimed the verse in Proverbs....Raise them up in the way they should go and they will not depart....God Bless and it is good to hear from you. Nora

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm