SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patty2430

Nutritious Meals for 86 year old

patty2430
9 years ago

Greetings--DH and I just moved DH mom in with us as she is showing signs of dementia--probably should have done this 6 months ago. She's doing ok; the adjustment is hard on her and probably affecting mind/memory more than usual which we hope will improve a little. My goal is to make sure she's eating well. She's up way before us (5-6 a.m.) and eats right away; always a crappy sugar-coated cereal which she refuses to give up. Lunch is the same way; always PB&J, which isn't the worst thing in the world. But I am trying to get together a nutritious evening meal each day that she'll eat and enjoy. Any suggestions from you -- either meals or go-to websites would be very much appreciated! Both DH and I are retired so I have no problem with taking time to cook various meals etc. She's only been here for three weeks so have not yet made a "baseline" appointment with a physician but will very soon. We're also trying to convince her that keeping hydrated is very important, but it's still an uphill struggle. TIA

Comments (9)

Sponsored
WellCraft Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars61 Reviews
Virginia’s Full Service Design-Build Remodeling Company