SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikeandbarb_gw

Got dad moved today

mikeandbarb
15 years ago

Hi everyone, Well, I spent the whole week looking and working on getting dad into the skilled nursing home. The place is not near as pretty as the one he was in but they are fully staffed with the proper nurses and a doctor on hand everyday. Poor dad I feel so bad for him.

I knew when I went to get him he'd want to go home that is why I asked them to pick him up. I packed his bags and got everything to take over to the new place while we were waiting and dad said ..Now Barbara let me tell you I want to go home not anywhere else. I told him dad I knew you'd want to go home but you can't right now. You need care that I or yourself can do right now. I told him he's have to be able to use the phone to check his pacemaker. This quitted him down and I didn't here anymore of going home. He knows he can't use a phone hasn't been able to for some years now.

I stayed and put his thing's up in the new place while he ate dinner and then sat with him and two of the other men at his table. Dad was really confused and his balance was off, he kept falling forward not falling down but uneasy on his feet. I know that moving one with dementia isn't helpful but in his case I didn't have a choice.

When I was walking him down to his room after dinner he mentioned he was missing his friends at the other place. I know he'll really miss one of the ladies there, they talked a lot and spent quite a bit of time together.

Barb

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio