SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikeandbarb_gw

Update on dad

mikeandbarb
16 years ago

Yesterday around 6 pm I got a call from my son letting me know that dad wanted to go to the hospital.

I went to the hospital and dad told me that he had not urinated since 9 am that morning.

Once they got the catheter in I looked at the bag and there was not much in the bag.

I went over to dads this morning and he was just about at his breaking point. I don't know how he's going to handle it if he has to wear this long term. I called the doctors office to get dad into see him tomorrow, I had to wait for the nurse to call me back. When she called she said they'd really like for him to keep it in till his appointment on the 4 th of Dec. I told her that dad just could not handle it.

I got the appt. and called dad to let him know what time his appt. is and he started in on about the bag not having enough fluid in it. He asked me if taking a flowmax would help and I told him I didn't know if it would or not, then he said ...it couldn't hurt could it? I told him no it wouldn't hurt. Dad thinks this medicine is the cure to helping him. I don't know what to do. I also think he maybe loosing track of when he's gone and how much?

I don't know how much longer I can take this. It's very hard when your unable to do anything for them. It's hard to sit back and watch and not do something.

Thanks for listening to me, Barb

Comments (7)

Sponsored