SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikeandbarb_gw

Update on dad

mikeandbarb
15 years ago

First I'd like to say.... I hope everyone is doing good. We don't have much planned for the holidays, son is going out of town and daughter and kids haven't gotten with me what's going on with them. DH said we should go have dinner with dad on Thanksgiving and I'm thinking why not. I love having family over the more the merrier but I can't cook dinners like I use to.

Maybe I can get the clan over for Christmas.

So far things have been good. Dad has complaints but they are smalls ones and I know he'll always have something that just isn't right about the home. He was cold so I went out and bought him so thicker socks, house shoes with fuzzy lambs wool inside, one long sleeve shirt and a very nice sweater. I put the sweater on him, in trying to do so he would not take off his over jacket (wind breaker type) it wasn't long before he was pulling off the sweater LOL.

I saw him yesterday and it was a sad day. He was asking about when he'd be able to go home. Hard as I tried to divert to question he wouldn't let up. He walked with me to the front door, one of the guy's there said hello to us and dad told him this is my little girl a daddy's girl. He had tears in his eye's as I was leaving and it hurt so much to have to leave him behind.

Sometimes I catch myself thinking if only he could go home, if only there was a way but we can't afford to have someone live in with him.

He yold DH and I that there is a big hole in the ceiling in his room where cold air is blowing in, you know we had to look and there's no hole. Then he said something was climbing up the wall and that he smelt carbon monoxide and he told someone about it and they fix it. He just called it monoxide so I wasn't sure what he was telling us then it dawned on me what he was saying. Later I told my husband you can't smell carbon monoxide. I think he was smelling the burn off of the dust in the ducts. He's not use to that. He only had a dearborn heater in his house.

Barb

Comment (1)

Sponsored