Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Positive Huntington's Page

Posted by heatherdugdale (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 6, 07 at 17:43

I am 24, am experiencing Huntingtons disease symptoms. My family is one of the few in the world who have early onset. I was a Nurse before I got sick. I made a positive, comprehensive website. It has a blog, care giving tips, ways to fight brain fog, myths, my story, my families story, history, and ways to have a positive testing experience. I also put on there the poems I got published in the horizon.

http://heatherdugdale.angelfire.com/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Positive Huntington's Page

This is in my DH's family also. There is also some wonderful information from the Huntington's Assoc. Also if you do a research on this disease, you will find out what drugs are being used. John Hopkins Hospital has several research groups. His cousin went from being in a wheel chair to driving herself from Maryland to Nevada by herself due to brain surgery and experimental drugs from the hospital. The main thing is to be aware of signs, symptoms, medications and go to Dr. who knows about it.
There are also several centers thru out the US specializing in this.
I am sure you do realize there is no cure, just many ways to control it.
I wish you the best.
It also skips around--his sister had it, one brother now has it DH and his other 2 brothers never had it. Some of the Aunts and Uncles had it other didn't have it.
In our observation it seems to us like extreme stress seems to bring it on early, if you have the gene.
Good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here