SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mangomoon_gw

Administrator at Care facility should be fired

mangomoon
11 years ago

My father is in an assisted living facility. He is of fairly sound mind. This facility hired a person that has experience in nursing home setting, but no college degree and is not tactful, was coming to work in beach clothes and has the wrong caliber for the facility.

This administrator ranted to me about how I didn't have permission from my sister (who has Poa) to take my father to Dr appointments. I raised my voice back to her that she was out of line, and that all documents and signatures from my sister who lives out of state, would allow me (I live 3 blocks away) to take my father to appointments. She went on to say that I was trying to get everyone fired, after I told them to make sure that the caregivers removed the wet soiled bedding in my father's room as they forgot. She has been reported to the new owners who say they have received many complaints about her, but she argued right in front of my father. Today when I visited, my father said he felt ill just watching her actions towards me. I feel she had no business and should be fired. As far as my attitude towards her, well my family pays the $3000 for my father to reside there, so I don't feel I was out of line. What would you have done?

Comments (7)

Sponsored