SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marylmi

Things To Watch Out For .......

marylmi
14 years ago

My husband has Alz. and I have seen him do some things that I would never have thought to watch out for. Maybe this will be of help to someone else that is a caregiver. What prompted this post, was at dinner tonight, I noticed my husband kind of chewing on something in between bites and I could hear a slight noise, which I thought was a filling that had fallen out, as he grinds his teeth a lot..or a crown had fallen off. I got a napkin and had him spit it out and....it was a penney!! How he managed to not swallow it I don't know..but thank God he didn't!! I don't know where he got it or how long it was in his mouth.

I have caught him trying to put a toothpick in his ear, brush his teeth with antibiotic cream, eat a candy wrapper, throwing paper towel in stool. Of course after each of these incidents, I watch him closely so it doesn't happen again....but something new always comes up, like tonight. I have never read anywhere about these types of things. I don't think the Alz. website even has things such as these to watch out for. If so, I must have missed it.

If anyone can add to this, please do so. I never would have thought he would do that and will now keep any change away from him.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor