Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My dearest dad passed away...

Posted by daddysangel (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 26, 05 at 16:33

My dearest dad passed away two weeks ago because of a sudden heartattack. He was only 54...

When it happend, I was studying abroad and no one had my phone number. By the time I checked my email, he was already in the hospital for one day. It took me 18 hours by airplane to get home. When I got to the hospital from the airport and held his hand, I saw a drop of tears falling from the corner of his eyes (he was in comma). Then he passed away. Everyone said he was waiting for me to come home to say goodbye... I was totally in shock. Until now, I still can't believe he's gone... We were so close and I really cannot image the life without him... I was supposed to have my wedding next summer, but now he's gone, I don't think I can do it without him holding my hand...

I just got back to school. There are a lot of papers and exams waiting for me to complete, but I have no energy. I am lost and don't know what to do. I think about him all the time...He did everything for his family but didn't even have chance to see his son and daughters got married and his grandchildren. (I am sure he would be the best grandfather...) I don't know how anyone can ever be over this kind of situation. I can't. I miss him so much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My dearest dad passed away...

Before he died, you were overseas, but he was in your heart. Always near to you because you could call on his memory at anytime to feel him near, right? It's going to be a lot like that now. He is still with you in your heart. He will always be there for you to think about and love. I believe with all my heart that he will be able to spend those happy times of marriage and children with you.

o

May God bless and comfort you, Honey. You've had a horrible shock... Thankfully, you were able to get home to hold his hand and kiss him. It's OK to cry. You will grieve, but cruel as it seems, life goes on... Let your instructors know what happened and see if they'll allow you extra time to complete your work and take your exams. God is able to touch their hearts. May He encourage and strengthen you daily... That's all we can handle - one day at a time. ~abreeze

o

Your Father will always be there in your heart. I lost my Father 6 years ago at the age of 93, but I feel the same way you do. I still miss him every day, and he's in my heart.

May your memories always be so special. He must have been a wonderful person. And he had to have lived a great life to have had such a wonderful daughter.

My deepest condolences, and a great big hug to you and your family.

Helene

o

Dear Angel, my deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. Your Dad will always be with you, in mind and spirit, just think he waited for you to come home! You wil have many many fine memories of that Special Person. sometimes it's nice to start a journal, so that your children can read about their fanastic grandfather. Saying special prayers for you tonite, debbie

o

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, time heals all pain and it will get easier. My grandfather passed away when I was 7 months pregnant, I know how you feel I never knew my dad and he was my dad and all I wanted was to have him see his great grandbaby,Hospice is a great support team I dont know if there is one where you live but they are awesome, if there is give them a call. They deal in death daily they are very special people I could have never gone thru it without them. I belive in spirts and I also belive he will be there at your wedding watching over you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here