SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cagardenerwestelle

T'Day

CA Kate z9
9 years ago

I hope on this day you aren't doing all the prep for a Feast, but rather taking a few breaths and letting someone else fuss over the food AND whoever it is you care for. I'm Thankful for our youngest DD who always shows up early to help - both with the food and her Dad. And, I'm Thankful for the others who make the long trip just to be here at all.

Yesterday we got a call from an old friend who said he'd been thinking about DH a lot lately and just had to call to find out how he is doing. Unfortunately, I don't think my news was what he wanted to hear. I'm Thankful for all the people who still remember us and bother to call.

It turns out that our 3 regular Caretakers are all coming for their shifts for both holidays. I can't begin to say how very Thankful I am for their constant good care of DH.

I have a friend who recently lost her husband after a very long illness. She taught me to be Thankful for what I do have now in the present and not what has been lost from the past.

I do hope you can find something to be thankful today - and each of everyday going forward.

Love to each of you, Kate

Comment (1)

Sponsored