SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovestoquilt_gw

Talking to herself-HELP

lovestoquilt
17 years ago

My soon to be 90 year old great aunt (Grandma's sister)has been living with us for 6 years. She is in good physical health. She reads mysteries and does the jumble puzzle in the paper everyday. I 've notice lately that she has started to "mumble" to herself. Like she is talking to someone but not us. Not loud but under her breath.

Well, I was up early this morning and heard her in the bathroom. I thought she might be calling me so I went to check on her and she was just talking away......saying terrible things about me! Called me a witch (with a B) and

said I was stealing her money (my name is on her account). Of course, I'm not. She gets a bank statement every month

and can see for herself. It's not like she is wealthy!

And called my husband, who is nothing but nice to her, the B word. Very angry mean words.Just rambled on and on.

I'm not sure what to do? Should I talked to her about it? During the day she's as sweet as can be. Not a angry word.

Is this the start of something? I can't believe she actually feels this way after all these years. Also, lately she has been saying she wishes she would just die. She has outlived all of her siblings. Was never married and had no children.

This is my first post. I'm so glad I found this site.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Karen

Comments (4)

Sponsored