SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mimi427

I Need Your Input Please

mimi427
18 years ago

I'm sitting here, doing a slow burn, and really not sure how to respond; I'd love some thoughts from my friends here. As most of you know, my mom lived with me for the past year. Three week's ago, she moved to my sister's home. Tonight, I get an email from my sister asking me and my other sister if we would commit to "a couple of days" NEXT AUGUST, because a group of their friends are going to Ireland for ten days and she needs to put down a NONrefundable deposit. She feels she cannot ask my mom's aide to be there day and night for ten days, so if me and my other sister would each take a couple of days, actually the aide would be there during the day, when we work, and then we'd go there and spend the night. We'd also have Sat nite and Sunday, and Sunday night.

I guess I'm upset for several reasons. First,I barely got any help from either of my sisters when mom was with me. It wasn't until mom had been with me for six months, and I was about to lose it and finally had to ask my sister did she agree to take mom overnight. Then, two month's later, again, I was ready to lose it, and had to ask again and she agreed to a weekend. Here we are, just three week's and she's planning a ten day trip and wants us to commit to something that is TEN MONTH'S AWAY. I don't see how I can feel comfortable committing to something that is ten month's away. I don't want to be responsible for them losing their deposit. Besides, I guess my nose is a bit out of joint because I was left to take care of mom on my own 24/7 for the first six months, untl she took mom one nite. Am I not seeing this clearly?

In addition, she's been to Ireland before with this group.

Also, this is a large group, about 20 people. Wouldn't you think if she explained to the travel agent her situation, having her mom living with them who has Alzheimer's and not really being able to plan ten month's in advance they just might waive the "NON"-refundable deposit? I mean, with that many people traveling, and having put together many of these trips previously for this group, I would think the travel agent would be willing to bend a bit. I don't know, maybe I'm just not seeing this clearly because I'm pretty upset right now. I'd sure appreciate your thoughts,

Mimi

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH