SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindyg1_gw

Should I be looking at Assisted Living?

cindyg1
18 years ago

Hello..I have posted here before, but let me give you our history. I'm 46 years old and happily married to a wonderful man for almost 25 years. We have 2 great children, our 21 year old daughter is a college senior, attends a local college and lives at home. Our 18 year old son is away at college and is a freshman.

My Mother has lived with us for the past 12 years and having her with us has been a win win situation for us all. However, she is now early Alzheimers....:-( She is able to care for herself physically and I have her in an adult daycare three days a week and a caregiver who comes in two days a week.

The caregiver has been wonderful..she cleans house, cooks, does grocery shopping etc. A wonderful relief for me (I work) because...believe it or not, I have young onset Parkinson's Disease.

As she continues to progress in her disease, I also continue to progress as well. The overall situation is getting pretty stressful. And I think Mother is not happy. I think she no longer feels needed (she used to cook, etc but I can't let her do that kind of stuff any more).

I'm wondering if she would be happier in an assisted living facility rather than here. What has everyone's experience been with assisted living facilities?

Thanks, Cindy

Comments (4)

Sponsored