SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wandering_2008

Any others caring for spouse with early onset?

wandering_2008
15 years ago

Just wondering if there are others who are caring for a spouse with early onset Alzheimer's? Just been a bad week for me, and was wondering if others in our age group have some of the same issues? My Dh is 54, was diagnosed back at the end of last year (just cause he was diagnosed less than a year ago, doesn't mean there haven't been issues for years) I am late 40's and up until this last week I have been handling every thing as best as I can. But this last week, my nerves are shot. I just want to cry at the drop of a hat. I know from attending different meetings and wandering thru different forums there are fewer people in our age groups than others and I know we face different challenges. I finally decided that I need to seek others who are in the same boat as I am and try to help myself. I feel like this is the lonely-est journey of my life. I don't want to offend anyone, but just feel I could use a good conversation with someone who is dealing with a younger spouse who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's so I can try and understand and deal with the issues that face us/me. Thank You, Rk

Comments (8)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm