SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chickaroonie_gw

Sad update here

chickaroonie
17 years ago

When I last posted, both of my parents, 87 and 84, were in failing health, needing 24/7 care at their home. We had a daily housekeeper for 2 yrs then supplemented my daily visits with a live-in caregiver they knew from their prior next door neighbor.Long story short, my non-smoker mom spent the last 6 mo of her life battling lung cancer.I had the help of my sister for that, as she had a nursing education. Dad, with his multitude of medical history, took a fall on tile the day after mom died Sept 17. He never recovered from that. Picked up a staph infection at ER, strong antibiotic caused a very severe reaction after 13 days, and he passed away Oct 23. Both had home hospice at the end. The pain meds were very much needed for them and Dad needed around the clock crisis nurse.

I take comfort in knowing neither parent is hurting any longer, that they are together under a wonderful shady tree. Last night my sister & I started the house walk through selecting what we each wanted. It is an emotional time as most of you know but being hit with a one two punch probably makes it even harder to a degree. I asked that my sister conduct all business without the interference of our husbands to keep things as uncomplicated as possible. It appears I may be very busy in the next month packing up the 4/3 home that my folks have been consolidating their belongings in for 3 yrs as they closed their home up north. I know many of you have passed this stage successfully, so I will make it through too. I met a wonderful new minister at Dad's service & look forward to making him my Sunday appt. at worship(which I've been unable to do for months). Life will indeed change for me & mine in more ways than I can count right now.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio