SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikeandbarb_gw

Today was a bad day :(

mikeandbarb
15 years ago

Daddy called me and he sounded just fine asking me to come over. On the way I got the feeling that thing's were not ok so I called the AL and was talking to the nurse but she had to let me go due to someone needing her right then.

I went on ahead to the AL and when I got there I went into the office to let one of the ladies know I was there and I had a feeling that dad was upset.

I thought I'd try to calm him down, sit with him for awhile like I did the other day when all went well. It didn't go that way this time. He told me to get him out right now and not to let anyone talk me out of it. I told him I'd have to go talk to them and took out the door. Well, he took out right after me and I headed straight for the nurses station good thing cause most of the workers were there and one of the guy's. I told them dad was real upset and wanting to leave now. Come to find out he had been taking to get them to call for an ambulance to take him to the hospital cause he was having chest pains. He has been doing this every few days trying to get out.

They got him into the nurses room and I took out of there like a rabbit with a wolf on her tail.

I don't know how in the world I'm going to get him to the doctor's office for them to check his pacemaker.

They don't give him credit for being smart. He may seem fine but inside his head he's thinking of a way to escape. The appointment is 4 weeks away but I still don't think this is going to long enough for him to settle in or down, he's a very strong headed man.

I don't know how anyone can hold up to all this, I don't know how I can hang in there. I've been through a lot in my life time but this just maybe the hardest of all. It's one thing when you can talk sense into someone but another when their like this.

I did take dad some snacks and I do have to watch what he eats due to congestive heart failure, has to be no salt or very low and that's but another battle what to get him that he'll eat.

What's bad is that I'm having flash backs of when I was young dad had a very bad temper. He would get mad at the least little thing and break things and yell. He choked my mom once in front of us, we yelled at him to stop and he chained me up to my bed casue he was mad at me, I was 13. I don't deal with his temper very well.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals