SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janelovesjesus

I just don't wanna ...

JaneLovesJesus
18 years ago

Is it immoral to place my mother in a nursing home because I just don't want to be her caregiver anymore? I know 'the world' would tell me it's fine to do. But what is the RIGHT thing?? I know many of you have challenges to bear that are more difficult than mine. Am I throwing in the towel too soon? I could 'stack the deck' in my favor by just sharing the downside of my situation here, to try to win your sympathy so you'd tell me to go ahead and do it and don't feel guilty. I have wrestled with this & generally wind up in tears, and feeling like a weenie and a failure for seeking 'the easy way out.' It's not THAT hard to care for her. When is enough enough?? How do you figure it out?? I guess I should give a few specifics, eh? But I think I'll have to add that later. In a way, the details are somewhat subjective. The Big Question remains. Blessings to all who read & post here. I have only stumbled on to this site recently, but have laughed, cried, and been encouraged by you already & I hope to learn more from your experience & willingness to share. thank you / jane

Comments (14)

Sponsored