SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ginnier_gw

Parents are still 'on their own' but

ginnier
18 years ago

between the two, they are one. Where Mom is stronger mentally, Dad is stronger physically...they are in their 80's and live in their own place. I visit every other day or so and try to take them out and about for errands and lunch out. When they were still driving, they ate just about every lunch out. Luckily they have agreed to have 3 hot meals a week brought in which also includes sandwiches for the lunch even tho it somewhat "blah" for Mom's taste. She is my problem child, she makes jabs at things, whether it's about a waitress, or about my decision to go to the groc. store and THEN the library...I think she's a bit of a controlling type person. She usually says NO to my suggestions before I have even finished my speel! There are plenty of times that I can get her to listen to reason, but I am ready to "encourage" them to go to assisted living. How do I do this???? She says he'd never go and he says she'd never go. They are a pair!!! Mom would have to change a lot of little habits, like her couple of drinks in the evenings and her smoking habit. She is also used to sitting at the kitchen table all day with the phone right behind her, the bay window in front of her to watch the neighborhood and then the TV's right there too... How do we transition to assisted living!!!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kohlmark Flach Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Kohlmark Flach Architects: Enriching Lives Through Purposeful Design