SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxyplx

If I Get Killed...........

mxyplx
10 years ago

My wife's Alzheimers isn't getting any better to say the least.

I suddenly thunk of something tuther day: What would happen to my SW if I got killed while shopping? Or just died here at home for that matter. Presumably the cops would inform her but than what?

I've thot of several venues to persue but would like to broaden my outlook. Any suggestions would be appreciated so's I can try to put something together that would fit our situation and my temperment. For example I just could not handle a daily telecon. Email perhaps but that's iffy too. Of course the recipients would have to pay attention every day too.

I'm not sure she can make a phone call anymore tho I think she can but it's not a sure thing. And who would she call? There are several alternatives - she'd have to decide; perhaps make several calls to get thru. Then also there is finding the phone number. I'm sure she still understands the phone book. But she'd be upset which wouldn't help. Perhaps she'd not remember after the cops left. Evenually she'd realize something was rong. Maybe go to a neighbor.

She is often uncertain where the phone is unless it's ringing. And pehaps most of all her ability to verbalize is becoming very poor. If she did call it's not a given that she could put forth a coherent mssg. In fact it's improbable.

So! I'm open for some contingency plan suggestion. Any will do so's I can try to put sumpthin together. I'll talk to the neighbors as well. Also I've a friend up the block who's wife died recently (Alzheimers) but was in the same situation - I'll ask him if he had a plan and will also be consulting with other family members for their input.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor