Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
time to check in again

Posted by heydeborah (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 19, 05 at 10:03

Isn't this weather wild! we had SNOW last night for about 20 minutes, right now it's 30 out and the ramp is slippery, however, with the floods, storms etc. in the states, can we all check in again, just so we know that you're all safe and accounted for? (off topic here, but, i sure miss Gabby's Chit-chat it was great hearing nice things). People have winter coats, mitts and toques (knitted hats)on and alot of cars still have snow on them, what a day to have to go to a funeral. debbie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: time to check in again

The change down here is a little different. It has finally gotten cool enough that we can open the doors during the day. Maybe this month's electric bill will be more reasonable. The Air Conditioner can get a well deserved rest. I've been doing a little yard work, moving a few plants, mulching and that sort of thing. It feels soooo good to get out and not feel as if a heat stroke was coming on.
PB

o

Sweater weather here, Debbie...we did see a few flakes, but I gave them proper he** for showing up so early and they beat it outta here! Nothing stuck on the ground, it all pretty much melted where it landed. A gorgeous evening...

I feel so sorry for the southern States, Cuba...how much more of this can they possibly take?! So much conspiracy going around about weather control (ie: heating areas to attract those hurricanes...actually weather control has been possible for years, as has the ability to diminish the strength of them, but why those methods haven't been used...but....whatever....) I so do pray that this doesn't make land-fall and that it dissipates in the Gulf.

Glad you're safe and sound!

o

Hi everyone. Fall is here in the Rocky Mountain area. The trees are in full, bright fall splendor, and there are leaves everywhere to walk thru and crunch underfoot. Nights are cool, days are bright and sunny...couldn't be better weather. But the September "good days" for Mom have gone, she is weaker, wrote me an illegible note last week, but she can't read it either, or remember what it was about, except she KNOWS it was important. And the other day, for the first time, she didn't know who I was. When I hugged her and told her it was me, she reared back and said "you're not my daughter, you're an old lady!" Had my stylist dye my hair the next day! I've been grey for so long....now I am back to my original color! I'll see her tonight. Wonder if she'll know who I am now?

o

Hi All...
Fall has arrived in Chicago...we've been so fortunate...we've had sunny days, beautiful blue skies, temps in the mid 60's to mid 70's and a beautiful array of leaves changing their colors...truly an amazing Fall season.
And Sue, I'm so sorry to read about your mom not recognizing you...that is a tough one, isn't it? But, I LOVE that you turned around and had your hair colored...it will be interesting to hear how your mom reacts now...be well everyone and blessings to all of you,
Mimi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here