SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

Giving up driving

jannie
17 years ago

My DH has Multiple Sclerosis. Diagnosed 1998, steadily declining ever since. He refuses to use a cane. He was taking Avonex and Copaxone shots for years, the doc said he was on shots so long, he should stop. Well, he has trouble walking and he is very exhausted. But he does physical therapy three days a week for 90 minutes each, and he drives and goes grocery shopping. But he's had three car accidents since January. Yesterday he smashed up my car so bad it's totalled. Luckily he was not hurt. Hurray for seat belts! But, being a man, he has pride and vanity. I don't want him driving anymore. We are both retired on disability. Him for MS, me for kidney failure. So I feel it's time to get him off the road. He's not old, he's only 58, but I feel his weakness in the legs may have contributed to the accident. The cop at the scene felt it was 50-50. Both drivers at fault. He was making a left turn. The other driver ran a red light. And a witness agreed. So DH feels its "not my fault". But I want him to stop driving before somebody gets hurt. What do you think?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms