SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mimi427

More Questions RE: Alzheimer's

mimi427
18 years ago

I do have many books on Alz/dementia, but I find personal experience to be so much more helpful. For the past two days, mom has been saying things like "I can feel I'm getting much worse....something is happening to me". When I ask if what she's feeling is in her head or in her body, she's not sure. I've noticed when she tries to get up from a sitting position, her legs really quiver and she tells me her knees won't hold her...she keeps them bent, so I try to get her to lock them; she finally does and can then walk. I know you're not doctors, but just from experience, does this sound like it's more decline or could it be from lack of exercise, just plain weak?

She's also been talking about being a burden to me, which I continually tell her she is not and has never been. Since she learned she's moving to my sister's, she's been saying this and I feel very bad, because we did tell her that I can't take care of her because of my back problem. So now I'm thinking she thinks she's a burden because of my bad back. I've tried to reassure her she has nothing to do with my back problem, but as you know, it just "doesn't stick" in her head.

You know, every time she declines a little more, I have trouble adjusting for a few days, and then I manage to accept it. Maybe this is just that...more decline...I'm just curious if any of you experienced any of the above with your loved ones?

Thanks so much,

Mimi

Comments (3)

Sponsored