SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mimi427

Update on UTI

mimi427
18 years ago

Well, the UTI turned out to NOT be a UTI...culture came back negative, so all of mom's symptoms are the disease...she is rapidly declining. Last week, it was combativeness, and agitation..this week we've added hallucinations and this morning she didn't know who I was...that was a very very tough one. There were other things today, like messing her depends, not letting me or her aide in the bathroom to help, and then she took off the depends and tried to wash them out in the bathroom sink, and it seemed to be everywhere...all over the toilet seat, on the back of her, on the floor...just a freakin mess. Then demanding breakfast this morning ten minutes after she had finished breakfast and trying to convince her she just had breakfast.

Last night,I walked outside for a smoke, walked back in and she asked me who were all the people that just came in...I was alone...You know, I knew this stuff was coming, I read posts from this site and one other and read so much literature on the subject, yet when it happens and happens so quickly, well, I guess I just wasn't prepared for it.

I looked at a nursing home last Sunday and I am very pleased with it. The facility is beautiful, staff seemed very nice and experienced but how sad to see all these people with Alzheimer's...just sitting and staring, or sleeping, or some were walking but talking and not making sense...it's so very very sad. I don't know what is worse. Trying to keep her with us an compromising my health, or placing her and then running there to be sure she's well cared for, so I'll still be without time for me...this is so damn depressing...

Comments (20)

Sponsored