SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chattycat48

taking care of elderly mother and handicap brother

chattycat48
16 years ago

Hi, my name is Cathy and I guess I just need to vent. My father passed away 2 years ago, and ever since my dad passed my mom health hasnt been good. Last year she had a lung collaspe , which but her in to the hospital for 2 months, then she went in to re hab for about 2 months. Mean while, I am trying to go and see her at the hospital and taking care of my brother, and seeing my husband when I can, like once a moth I was able to go home. Thats when my brother and his wife came over to help out. I mean my brother is pretty good helping when I ask, but why should I have to ask, its his mother too. Part of her health problems is short time memory lost,which it isnt getting better.My handicap brother is 24 and he is total care. And he doesnt sleep well. Some times he will stay awake in till 3 in the morning, and want to sleep in till noon. You have to do everything for him. This passed april I have been lucky to have a couple aides that comes in twice a week for I can go home with my husband.So, I have been trying to take care of my mom bills,my brothers bills and keep things straight for my house, then try to help my in laws when I have any extra times.Any way I dont mean to cry or complain but I guess I just needed to be heard.

Comment (1)

Sponsored