SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kswombie

Can you do anything about unethical and unprofessional behavior

kswombie
12 years ago

My grandfather passed away almost three weeks ago. He was an incredible grandfather to my sisters and I. Our mother was his only child but virtually worthless when it came to caring for grandpa. Our mother lived less than five miles from the nursing home grandpa resided but still rarely visited, maybe a total of an hour in the past 5 years. My two sisters and I were there or spoke to him on the phone every day. At the funeral the director of the nursing home came to my mother, told her that I had taken my grandfather from the nursing home to meet with an attorney and had the will changed to exclude my mother. There is no truth in this at all and of course this has set my selfish mother into a tail spin. I find this to be extremely unethical and unprofessional. Is there anything I can do? Is there a governing board for nursing homes? I don't have a case of abuse or neglect, I believe my grandfather received good care. I don't really have a relationship with my mother and don't necessarily care that she may never speak to me again but feel that something needs to be done about this director. Any advice or suggestions

Comments (4)

Sponsored