SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikeandbarb_gw

Update on dad..he's getting a pacemaker

mikeandbarb
15 years ago

They are still looking for a blood clot and then going to do a shock treatment then wait 45 min's and put in a pacemaker. The shock treatment is where they put him under and use the paddles on him to try and get his heart to beat normal. The doctor said right now it's only beating 20 beats a min. I don't know what happens if that does not work, guess the doctor will have to see what happens and go from there.

I also talked to the SS worker at the hospital and I will be setting it up for dad to go into rehab and maybe into assisted living after that or back home all depends on how he's doing. Good news is that when I talked to the doctor and said he'd sign the papers for dad to go into the rehab. Dad home is not in good living condition's and if it takes me inviting them over for a look I'll do my best. Plus I told them that dad talks about wanting to die, say's he tired of going through all the illnesses going to the doctor's all the time. BTW He has prostate cancer and just started shots 6 months ago.

I have lost 10 pounds within the 4 days that this has all happened, that is how stressed this all has me, thank goodness I can afford to lose it LOL.

Comments (6)

Sponsored