SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikeandbarb_gw

I'm soooooooo confused now more than ever now what do I do

mikeandbarb
15 years ago

I called the nursing home to see how my dad is doing today and they said he's fine but really wants to talk to you and is very worried about me. So I caved in and talked to him, I could tell by his voice that he's really stressed out, his voice is hoarse from crying so much. I asked if I should come over to see him and they said it would be ok.

His mind seems clear as any normal person and to top it off I got to talk to the person in charge of the home and she said she wandered why he was even in this home. She said I'm no doctor but he does not seem like someone with dementia.

So I told her of his problems one being that his potassium being really low or completely depleted.

So what does one do in this case. The thing's that dad has done or does isn't clear thinking full time but when his mind is clear there's no problem.

Do I find another home for him say assisted living? He still has the problem of take medicine he does not need, flowmax and he's had problems with taking new medicines not remembering when to take them. He once lost his high blood pressure medicine and he keeps all his medicine on the kitchen table and he's the only one at home, all I do is fill them once a month.

I need more help with what dad needs are, where the heck do I turn?

Thanks, Barbara

Comments (12)

Sponsored