SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marie326_gw

My Client gets up at 3:00 am daily

Marie326
10 years ago

I am a live in cook , personal shopper and light caregiver to a very nice polite ambulatory lady. She gets around well on her own with a walker, however she has Rheumatoid arthritis, which is why I was hired to cook for her and live in.

When I took the job, we agreed on my start time in the morning, which is 8:00 am (earlier if I have to transport her to an appt) . She told me that she gets up early to watch TV. Do you know what early is? She is up at 3:00 am. She pours her coffee, and transports it on her walker to her all day chair. I find this dangerous! What if she spills hot coffee on herself, or falls while at the kitchen sink? What will we say in the ER? That the care giver was asleep? As a live in I do not stay up at night. I have expressed my concerns to her and that she will reach a point where she may not be able to do this any longer. She doesn't respond. The day caregiver that comes for a few hours and has been working for her for 10 yrs never knew she got up that early.. 6 hrs of sleep and 18 hrs sitting. I can't change that. Already tried!

She eats on a wooden cutting board. I told her that I will not be able to make her soups unless she is willing to use a proper lap tray with legs. The soup could spill burning her. She is not interested. Any advice?

Comments (7)

Sponsored