Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I am woman hear me ROAR!

Posted by sistersunnie (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 11, 06 at 9:20

First it was the maggoty rabbit carcass that the cat drug home.....that I stepped in then the dog rolled in! Then it was the more than necessary baths the dog got.....followed by a bunny burial. Then on to hauling the trash to the dump-always my favorite Sunday activity! Followed by the realization that the truck tires were slack so learned to pump air in tires. Several dollars and much dirt later, I returned home to the next challenge, roust the two snakes that have taken up residence on my back steps. After a half hearted attempt to kill them, I managed to chase them away. Then up on the ladder to replace outdoor light bulbs..... All in the course of several hours.

I am a bunny burying, dog washing, trash hauling, tire pumping, light bulb changing fool! This single equal opportunity parenting stuff is overrated! I miss my husband!

So how was your Sunday afternoon??!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I am woman hear me ROAR!

oh sunnie and i thought i had it bad! yes, that single parent thing you hear from people, they say, i can't do it i'm a single parent, well, it's time you tried! it was a very cold day in the Bay, we got frost! i got to sleep till 9!, puttered around (yes, i am taking me time), taped "Cornation Street" and then watched it (British soap, i'm hooked on it), then dusted the living room (may fac. plaque i have says - if you draw in the dust don't date it!) i had cabbage rolls for supper, went to visit my uncles wife for 1/2 hour, got gas, and dd and i went to wal-mart (boy, they were even open 24 hours for a week last month and they even have self-serve check outs!), then went to the A&P for fruit and ds came over to take his share of cabbage rolls.
i know that you are on another site and i was wondering how your crafting is coming along, last week i tried my hand at upolstering a chair - which is now in our bedroom, my neighbours gave it to me along with a love seat site papason chair, i also finished upolstering an ottoman, in that fake suede material that i had in sage green that i had.
well it's time for me to close the windows it supposed to go down to 4C tonight which is in the 20"s, too cold too fast,
also please include those in 9/11 in your prayers tonite!

debbie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here