SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bettyd_z7_va

Feel Like Crying

bettyd_z7_va
14 years ago

My original post is still here on the first page. We just moved DH's Aunt is with us around June 10th and we are always stressed by her insisting she wants to go home and constantly accusing us of stealing her money.

When she called me in May crying because she needed help with her bills, we didn't have a clue how bad her finances were. She hadn't kept a checkbook register and it has taken us a couple of months of gathering bills and studying her statements from the bank to realize there are many more bills than money.

She wasn't here a full month before she started wanting her money. DH sat her down with a list showing her how much retirement and Soc Sec income she had and what bills we had paid and how many that were left that there wasn't money to pay.

IT"S NOT WORKING!

She is somewhere in never-never land where she can't compute that we are taking care of her. It is EVERY WAKING MOMENT wanting to go home, wanting her money because we have TAKEN it.

Last night our son was going to watch her so we could get away and go have a real dinner with our Pastor and wife in peace. She started in before we could get out of the door and kept on until I finally said to DH that we HAD to go because we were going to be late. Of course we were so frustrated that we ended up yelling at each other driving down the road.

We wanted to try to keep her at least through Christmas and let her have a real one with presents to open and a stocking etc. But, I don't think we are going to make it.

I just don't know what to do.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Betty

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!