Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
we met!!!!!

Posted by heydeborah (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 11, 05 at 19:18

Hi everyone! i hope you are all well and enjoying the hot weather! Well this afternoon Linda and i met! We met at a coffee shop along with her cousin Sandra. I don't know about her, but i spent a fantastic afternoon. it's weird how some people make you feel so comfortable and like you've known them forever. believe me when i say that if you have the chance to meet her, she'll brighten up your day! i was so nervous, you wouldn't believe it! we also did some shopping at my favourite stop (sal. Army) where i bought 10 hockey pucks!--lol. Linda, it was so great meeting you! and hope you have a safe journey home! ps - linda says hi and hugs to you all and so do i! debbie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: we met!!!!!

Oh Debbie!
You sound so excited. I'm so glad you two had a chance to meet and spend some time together. Just reading Linda's posts, I can feel what a warm, sweet person she is, so I'm not surprised how you described her. And, I'm sure she will describe you the same, because you are also a very sweet, loving, caring person...
Mimi

o

Deb, So glad that you two got to met and enjoy a visit. I also know that Linda will say the same about you. Hope all is well with Al and your kids....and you!!!! God Bless, Nora

o

Heidy-ho, Debbie!!!
Thanks for the nice things you said about me, ((((blush)))), but right back at ya, kid!! You're a genuinely sweet person...a "good soul" as I like to describe people like you and it was SO nice meeting you!! Imagine how small our world really is and how everything fit together!! I hope we have an opportunity to see each other again one day. But for now...having met you, I know exactly who I'm 'talking' to! ;-D And Mimi and Nora...thank you also for your kind words...what a nice group we have here!! Sorry I've been away, but as I said to Debbie: having Mom in the nursing home is almost as much work as having her here! haha! Okay, not quite, but the getting ready to go, driving there, sitting with her and visiting, coming home and doing that every second day really makes things busy. And the weather has finally cooled off from being in the 100/sF, and we can now actually enjoy being outside! ;-) I will visit more often.

We just got back from ThunderBay an hour ago, and I've been sorting thru my emails, letting my friends know we're home safe and sound, and responding to your nicey-nice post about meeting me. I'm pooped from our trip and drive home today (12 hours!), so I'm going to pour myself a lovely little scotch, change into my jammies and collapse in front of the tv for a while.

Again...it was MY pleasure to meet you! All the best to Al and Matt and Carley!

Huggles
Linda

o

Hi Linda! Should i start off my saying - No,no, it was my pleasure meeting you! Al is still not feeling well maybe it's all the hot weather, but he goes to the doctor next week or maybe it's because he ran out of his pain meds till monday. Carley has been working so hard on her course she's taking that she has made herself sick to her stomach. matthew said he would have taken the day off to you golfing if you would have asked him! sorry for leaving you the way i did, the ladies at the "store" found the other part of the gazebo i bought last month and had to go in the back and get it for me, boy, i feel so special that they remembered what i bought! or it's because i'm mean and miserable, i sure hope not. went to afew yard sales this am and got a bag of new fabrics about 8 meters of different fabrics for 3.00! some 05 house and home, a metal flower stand for the ramp and a couple of books all for the grand total of 5.00. thank you again for the beautiful bubble baths, i did use them the first night! debbie

o

Um...Deb? Remind me to go shopping with you the next time I'm in town, okay? ;-D
As for golfing, I didn't go, just Ernie and my cousins and friends, but Matt would have been welcome, of course! Ernie just loved your new golf course, even more than our newest one in town, and the one he played a few days before in Birch Run! He'd love to play it again one day...evidently he did very well for an "old geezer"! haha!!
Glad you liked the bubbly bath....you ARE, afterall...the Bubble-Bath Queen!!!

Huggles 'til we meet again...see you on the boards!
Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here