Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help -- a wallet for seniors?

Posted by compumom (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 23, 08 at 19:10

Hello,
I'm hoping that you might be able to give me some suggestions about what to buy my father to carry his ID, Credit Card and a bit of cash. He's lost his wallet again.
I posted a more descriptive message on the cooking forum where I usually hang out, but thought a cross posting of this problem might get some attention over here too.
Any help would be appreciated!

Here is a link that might be useful: My other posting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help -- a wallet for seniors?

I have a card (Discover) that is made to go onto a key chain.
I love it. I tried to find a picture on line but to no avail.
When they send my cards, I get a regular card plus a second one in this form. I love it. Of course if I loose my keys, I loose the card.

o

Something like the one in the link might work. I am wondering though if you should be concerned over the fact this is becoming more frequent with your dad. Someone could do some serious damage with his credit card before he even has a chance to let you know it is gone. Just a thought. How much does he go out? Does he spend a lot or a little? If very little then just making sure he has the cash might be the way to go, that way if it gets stolen he will only be out a set amount, and less hassle for you with the credit card companies.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lg Size money belt

o

my Dad simply has a cord attached to his wallet and he then clips the other end to a belt loop (Depression era parent who cannot bear to pay for something if he can 'cobble' something together).

here's a link to what truck drivers do.

http://www.leathergoodsconnection.com/trandbiwa.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here